How the Spiced-Up Popcorn Came To Be
I'm delighted to introduce you to RastaPop!
Here's the story of how our business got started. Back in the 70s, my Aunt Margaret developed a unique, delicious, spiced-up popcorn and built a small, loyal following in Atlanta. A few years ago, she turned over the building of the popcorn empire to me, and with the help of some amazing people along the way, RastaPop was born.
You may be curious about the name. It was created by two wonderful ex-hippies who run a creative shop in Asheville, NC, and love our popcorn. They knew I was looking for a name and design that connoted "natural" and "of the earth" but with a funky edge. So they dreamed up... RastaPop!
I have been eating this popcorn since I was nine just because it tastes great. But if you're interested in RastaPop because it's a healthy snack, here are some cool facts:
You can find RastaPop in leading natural food stores throughout the Southeast, and we're growing all the time. You can also order RastaPop online!
- Our five flavors of organic popcorn -- Hot Curry, Spicy Garlic, Mellow Herb, Sweet Ginger, and Island Sea Salt -- are seasoned with a savory blend of herbs and spices that not only taste delicious but are great for you.
- RastaPop is an excellent source of fiber.
- RastaPop is vegan and we don't use hydrogenated oils.
- RastaPop has no trans-fatty acids and no preservatives.
- It's all of the good... none of the bad!
Aunt Margaret still checks in now and then and is thrilled to find her recipe is gaining new fans every day.
Thank you for your interest and support. Enjoy RastaPop!!